North Carr Lightship

North Carr was built in Glasgow by A. & J. Inglis Ltd in 1932. The site of this shipyard on the riverside is now occupied by Glasgow Museum of Transport.

During boathandling training on Marigot - Practising coming alongside North Carr
During boathandling training on Marigot – Practising coming alongside North Carr

 

 

North Carr Lightship, Victoria Dock
North Carr Lightship, Victoria Dock

 

 

The amazing horn and light tower. Sculptural perfection.
The amazing horn and light tower. Sculptural engineering from  1930’s Scotland

 

 

 

 

Diagram of North Carr
Main Compartments of North Carr

 

 

One of a sequence of rare shots of North Carr on station off the Fife Coast
One of the very few surviving images of North Carr on station off the Fife Coast

 

 

Passing astern
Passing astern

 

 

North Carr
North Carr

 

 

The Main Panel
Part of the main switchboard

 

 

The Chain Locker
The Chain Locker

 

 

To the Engine Room
To the Engine Room

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA